The original recipe is found here: http://www.texanerin.com/
- 3 small or 2 medium overly ripe bananas (270 grams / 9.5 ounces total, without the peel), mashed
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oat flour (or grind oatmeal in a food processor)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1. In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients (bananas through eggs) and stir until well combined.
3. Pour the dry ingredients over the wet, and add pecans. Stir until just combined. There might still be some lumps.
4. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Spray it lightly with cooking spray.
7. Flip it and cook until the bottom has browned.
8. Continue with the remaining batter and serve the pancakes immediately.
9. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers for up to 4 days.